Wednesday, June 3, 2009

we get stacks and stacks of letters. letterrrrs!

Here are just a tiny few of the emails that have gotten me through the past few days.

From Mona:
Last night I watched some Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. I'd never seen it before and it put me in a state of trash-TV paralysis! Why doesn't she get her jugs fixed?? They are so horrifying. In one episode her cleavage resembled a butthole! Still, she seems like a very nice person. I watched one and a half episodes and then switched to the Obama in the White House special so I wouldn't have nightmares.
Ryan and I wondered, what if there were a sequel to The Room?
I can't think anything would top The Room. What would happen if The Room II: Getting Roomier (working title) had a budget? I think to preserve Tommy's naive genius he has to maintain total creative control. I dreamt that I wrote an action-adventure movie script and presented it to Tommy Wiseau. He said he liked the story but would only agree to be a part of it if I allowed him to act and direct it. I quickly agreed and said I'd also like him to edit the script anyway he pleased. Secretly, I just wanted to see Tommy in fatigues firing a machine gun into a jungle (with a cigar in his mouth) before he delivered a line like, "The jungle is no place for a women!" I'm sure we could develop something.
Then Mona and I talked about a possible The Room sequel too:
I can see it right now, crisp as a wafer. The Room II: Hospital on Guerrerro Street. He wakes up in the hospital!! After being in a coma for 2 weeks, of course. Just enough time for Lisa, Mark and Denny to tear each other to shreds over his possible demise. It will be "Johnny's my best friend" to the nth degree as they reminisce about how great he was, PLUS this opens up the possibility for a love triangle between Lisa Mark and Denny! I dunno, too obvious? Or too obvious in a PERFECT way..
More from Ryan:
I think Showgirls is so so so amazing. I will watch it alone and just laugh to myself, which I'm sure is both creepy and strange of me. Elizabeth Berkeley is so entertaining and the dialogue makes me roll my eyes. But I have to say, as a screenplay, the story is not that bad. I think I watch it tonight. [Me to Ryan: I love especially when she's eating a hamburger in the back of that guy's car. The way she bites into that burger just kills me!]
Lauren:
I start work today. Am debating whether it's too soon to call in sick.

1 comment:

Simone said...

Here's this from last week! I can't bold it, so I'll just say yes and no:

1. Started your own blog Y
2. Slept under the stars N
3. Played in a band N
4. Visited Hawaii Y
5. Watched a meteor shower Y
6. Given more than you can afford to charity N
7. Been to Disneyworld N (LAND, yes)
8. Climbed a mountain Y
9. Held a praying mantis Y
10. Sang a solo N
11. Bungee jumped N (That N is for NEVER)
12. Visited Paris Y
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea N
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch N
15. Adopted a child N
16. Had food poisoning N
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty N
18. Grown your own vegetables N
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France Y
20. Slept on an overnight train Y
21. Had a pillow fight in your underwear N (you're a pervert)
22. Hitch hiked N
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill Y Y Y
24. Built a snow fort N
25. Held a lamb N
26. Gone skinny dipping N
27. Ran a Marathon N
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice Y
29. Seen a total eclipse Y
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset Y
31. Hit a home run N
32. Been on a cruise N
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person Y
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors N
35. Seen an Amish community N
36. Taught yourself a new language N
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied N
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person Y
39. Gone rock climbing N
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (I CAN'T REMEMBER! I'm such an asshole)
41. Sung karaoke Y
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt N
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant N
44. Visited Africa N
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight N
46. Been transported in an ambulance N
47. Had your portrait painted N
48. Gone deep sea fishing N
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person N (the line was too long)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris Y
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling N
52. Kissed in the rain N
53. Played in the mud Y
54. Gone to a drive-in theater Y (I was 1. Maybe that doesn't count.)
55. Been in a movie Y
56. Visited the Great Wall of China N
57. Started a business N
58. Taken a martial arts class Y (if boxing counts)
59. Visited Russia N
60. Served at a soup kitchen N
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies N (eaten, yes)
62. Gone whale watching N
63. Got flowers for no reason Y
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma N
65. Gone sky diving N (not allowed)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp Y
67. Bounced a check N
68. Flown in a helicopter N
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy Y
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial Y
71. Eaten Caviar N
72. Pieced a quilt N
73. Stood in Times Square N
74. Toured the Everglades N
75. Been fired from a job Y
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London Y
77. Broken a bone N
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle N
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person Y
80. Published a book N (ot yet)
81. Visited the Vatican Y
82. Bought a brand new car N
83. Walked in Jerusalem N
84. Had your picture in the newspaper Y
85. Read the entire Bible N
86. Visited the White House Y
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating N
88. Had chickenpox Y
89. Saved someone’s life N
90. Sat on a jury N
91. Met someone famous Y
92. Joined a book club Y
93. Lost a loved one Y
94. Had a baby N
95. Seen the Alamo in person N
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake N
97. Been involved in a law suit N
98. Owned a cell phone Y
99. Been stung by a bee Y
100. Seen Mount Rushmore in person N (almost :( )
101. Learned to play an instrument N