Friday, February 22, 2008

why i might be going straight to hell

Today I was in the doctor's waiting room while the kids got their checkups. In there with me were about a dozen kids and one legless, fingerless man in a motorized wheelchair. I was trying to keep an eye on my little one amidst the chaos when an 18-month old bumbled over to the man's wheelchair and grabbed the controls!!! The chair was whirrling and spinning in circles, the poor guy was hollering and the mom of the kid was apologizing. I smashed my hands over my mouth to keep from laughing but I couldn't stop and I still can't stop even as I'm writing this. Which is why I might be going straight to hell. Help me.

4 comments:

Chiastych said...

Ha! Reminds me of the Flannery O'Connor story set in a dentist office; but the victim has visions of heaven instead (herself last in line).

stephy said...

I love that story! Lolly is named after Flannery O'Connor.

California Girl said...

I'd be laughing too and trying my darnedest to hold it back!

Weird Avenue said...

That's hilarious. I would be laughing, then it would be really funny if the chair exploded or if he somehow caught on fire, that would be great.