Friday, February 15, 2008

chicken fried bacon

On my birthday we went to the Austin Cantina in Ballard and it. Was. Amazing! (insert my hands gesture here, fingers spread, palms down, shameless dorky enthusiasm on my face.) Carrie reviewed it so I now I won't, just read about it here at her rad-tastic blog. Her reviews of everything (Netflix, Goodreads, Yelp) are hysterical but her true talent lies in not wasting a word. She says it as concisely and brilliantly as is possible and for that I damn her.

My daughter has been a little punk lately. She had to go on the naughty step three times this afternoon. She isn't like her brother in that she doesn't like to get in trouble; she is brazen and cheeky and gee I wonder where she got it from. When I get stern with her she giggles and changes the subject which was always my tactic! Just how does that transfer through the DNA, I wonder. Then this afternoon she just wanted to be nakey. She was running around the house naked as a boiled chicken and could not be convinced to put her clothes on. Then I wondered why I thought it was that big a deal, because it's not.

Dryer went off, sheets are dry, what an exciting Friday night.

3 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

hahaha your daughter sounds adorable! How old is she? She's not a teenager is she (cause that wouldn't be as cute! :))

stephy said...

Ha, no she's 3...newly 3...and I'm trying to hang in there!

Carrie said...

I thank you truly and humbly for the damning.