Tuesday, November 4, 2008

electoral votes

We're watching the electoral votes tally up on CNN. Right now McCain is about 43 and Obama is 179. Judah says "Yay! Obama is winning!" It's so cute.

I said to him "You know though, it doesn't matter who wins. It's fine to have opinions and to vote, but the Bible says that the king's heart is in the hands of the Lord."

Judah said "What it means by that?"

I said "It means that God is bigger than any man, even a president or a king."

He said "Oh. Good!"

1 comment:

JNoah said...

Can I just say that I think it's amazing that you're teaching your son this stuff! I was never taught it. To be fair, I was never told categorically that God is a Republican, but I was sure given that impression. Anyway, I think it's great that this is the kind of training Judah is getting. It may not make it easier for him to always know who to vote for, but hopefully it will make it MUCH easier for him to know who to trust his heart too.