Wednesday, June 4, 2008

wed nes day

Look, a 1946 Disney film called The Story of Menstruation. And then one on STDs!

My brother is so awesome. He sent me this yesterday.

From: John Hill
Subject: Letters from a nut --john style
Date: Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Hey Steph,
I overpaid a bill, and the right thing for them to do is cut me a check for the extra amount, which they have not done yet. They have provoked me, and here is my revenge-- an attempt at stilted 19th century english.

Love, John

Dear Sirs:

Upon receiving your latest correspondence, it was noted that there appears to be a positive balance of 41 dollars and nine cents in my account. I endeavor to close my account, and relinquish said balance in cheque form at all possible speed.
Respectfully yours, John Sanford Hill III

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the John I remember!! Hope all is good in your neck of the woods...Texas is TOO hot!

Love, Elizabeth

mary said...

that definitely sounds like john! I miss him!