Saturday, June 7, 2008

10 years

Thursday marked 10 years since David & I met! When I came home from work Judah (age 6) showed me this book of pictures he drew about it.

"How Mommy and Daddy met." (He drew David in a bow tie and his heart pumping blood, and me in a veil with flowers.)

Photobucket

"Mommy/Stephanie wrote a letter to Daddy."

Photobucket

"Daddy wrote a letter back."

Photobucket

Mommy sent Daddy a picture.

Photobucket

"Daddy sent mommy his story." (It was his childrens novel that was his masters thesis.)

Photobucket

"Daddy flies on a plane to meet Mommy."

Photobucket

"6-5-98"

Photobucket

(then he drew our family)

Photobucket

David saved his plane ticket to Texas that day.

Photobucket

Tomorrow will be the 10 year anniversary of when we got engaged. We met and 3 days later he asked me to marry him, and here we are 10 years later! I ruv you, Davy.

8 comments:

bandwidow said...

congrats! that's a really sweet post.

California Girl said...

What a sweet and touching post! Congrats to you. What a lovely way to start my day reading such a wonderful story.

Team Wolfisaki said...

3 days?! He crazy.... Crazy AWESOME!

mushroommeadows said...

What a GREAT story!!! Congrats! :)

Simone said...

You guys got engaged after three days. Ha! Good luck with that.

But really, how cute that Judah documented that! Did he know it all already or did go over the story with him on that day. I've always loved your story. It will be easier than telling my kids, "Well, I really loved Mr Bungle so I chased them around Australia and that's how I met Daddy, but it's not creepy because we were friends for two years before we got together.... No we're not waiting around to meet the Wiggles after the show!"

gala bent said...

this is an amazing book! many congratulations...

Jona said...

You guys are my faaaaaaaaavorite!

Anonymous said...

congratulations to the sweetest couple (other than my parents...sorry) i know!
your story is sweet and lovely and exactly what i would have wanted to happen to you if i knew you back then...
God is good and knew the good man you needed!
i love you guys!