Monday, May 19, 2008

dallas church sex sting

*Disclaimer - I'm about to go on a bit of a rant. And I'm gonna talk about Christianity and I know that makes some people uncomfortable so you don't have to read this.

I used to go to this church in Dallas where one of the pastors was arrested a couple days ago for soliciting a 13 yr old girl for sex. And here is the head pastor's response in this video statement - he says things like "Our staff will always be of the highest character." ... "Our witness will be pure and strong in this community." "We've taken a big hit from the enemy this week but we will rise above." "we will continue to lift up the name of our lord jesus christ in a responsible way." DUDE! The whole point of being a christian at all is that you are NOT of the highest character! It means you suck and you know it and that's why you are a christian, cause you need help from something, anything! Your witness will NOT be pure in your community because you are HUMAN! It can NEVER be pure because YOU are not pure! Your witness should be that of "I suck and I need god's help." I hate hate hate this posturing of "we will try hard and we will be moral for the glory of god!" It makes me sooo mad because God doesn't want us doing good deeds everywhere if we don't know how much we need him. Their hubris makes my stomach hurt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubris is today's anaphora. I told my friend that you are not allowed to question your government, your leadership, I guess now, your faith. One must be born not only of original sin, but free of it as well. You all have quite a contradiction on your hands. xo

Anonymous said...

Hubris is today's anaphora. I told my friend that you are not allowed to question your government, your leadership, I guess now, your faith. One must be born not only of original sin, but free of it as well. You all have quite a contradiction on your hands. xo

Anonymous said...

I guess I had to say it twice.