Thursday, January 8, 2009

7th birthday

Photobucket



I can't believe I am the mother of a seven year old. I remember being pregnant with him like it was yesterday. I remember finding out I was pregnant with him in vivid detail. I was so, so, so, so happy. I remember the first time I held him and how he looked around and sucked his fingers. He had wise little eyes.

I made 7 ball cupcakes for his class. There was one left over and he brought it back on the bus and said everyone wanted it but he wouldn't let them have it because he was saving it for his sister. He said "I don't want to let my sister down. I always let her down and I don't want to this time."


Photobucket



And when he wakes up in the morning, I'm going to show him this clip.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That was a cool video! Dale really liked it and wants to build one too...I am not that cool of a Mom and said no!!

Glad you have a 7 year old...they grow up too fast!!

Love, E

Trev said...

*unrelated topic*

Steph, I couldn't resist, I just HAD to quote you (from an older post) on my blog (Poetry of a non poet). If you're offended or feel uncomfortable about it, I will take it down immediately.

stephy said...

Trev, I'm not offended in the least! I love nothing more than being quoted! I'm such an Aquarius.

the nibbling marmot said...

Stephy,

I was taking a walk one day with the 3-year-old I used to baby-sit, and something she said or did struck me as really funny. I told her that she is a wonderful person, and she said, "I know."

Is this an Aquarius thing? Or just a 3-year-old thing? I thought it was awesome.

xo,
Beth

Team Wolfisaki said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDAH! You're mama almost made me shed a tear over this post.

Simone said...

He always lets his sister down and he doesn't want to this time! SO CUTE! He'll be such a wonderful big brother once he stops picking fights with her. Awwww.