Friday, September 21, 2007

if i'm her idea of charm, then i have a nice styrofoam cooler she should meet

I saw these interviews with Zach Galifinakis at Michele's blog so I did what I had to do and ganked them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Zach on Self-Confidence (from Harp):

HARP: You're really open about lacking confidence. Isn't confessing that a sign of weakness for a comic?

I don't think honesty is ever a weakness. Comics are supposed to feel like they're in control of the stage but offstage, they're really not in control. For a lot of comics, it's a fake confidence, [like] a guy that lifts a lot of weights might have some morale problems deep inside of his vacuoles. I was never confident when I first started. I was always amazed that people could be confident [performers]. I just stopped caring what the audience thought. I would watch comics and I knew that a good comic led the audience versus kowtowing to the audience. Once I realized that, I just said "Well, I don't know if this'll work out but I'll just do it anyway."

HARP: People with low self-esteem could take a lesson from that.

Just be honest with yourself and admit that you're not doing well. There's something quite honorable about knowing that you're not good [laughs]. I never thought I wasnt that good; it just took a long time to figure out how to translate the stuff I was thinking about onstage [into jokes].

HARP: Could I ask a favor? Maybe dial down the charm? Every time my wife hears your name, her eyes glaze over.

Your poor wife. If I'm her idea of charm, then I have a nice Styrofoam cooler she should meet.


Zach Galifianakis on significant others (Vice Magazine):

"When you first find love it makes you skip to the post office or wink at a German shepherd. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you will do both at the same time."

"But after awhile, out of nowhere, she's clipping her toenails and eating a corndog at the same time and it makes you wonder what the motherfuck happened."

"The only time you hold hands is when you're both reaching for the Ketel One at the same time."

"You confess that her tattoo of whatever Smurf that is on her lower shoulder is bad for dog-style lovemaking."

"That's how love goes."


Zach on Random Shit (Gothamist):

If someone were writing a cookbook and they wanted a pun for the title, what would you recommend that they use?

The Eligible Spatula

When should people expect to see Dog Bites Man on DVD?

Like myself, I think it will come out eventually.

No comments: