Tuesday, August 28, 2007

lippity lippity not very fast

I missed the lunar eclipse last night and that makes me sad. It was supposed to be peaking at 4 am or so and I was even up at 4 am cause Judah was up for some reason but I didn’t think to look at the beautiful moon! I’m still sad.

Then I didn’t hear my alarm at 5:30 (yes, FIVE THIRTY) and even though David tried to wake me up I didn’t really wake up till two minutes before I had to leave for work. I shambled outside with ginormous sleep marks on my face from the nubby blanket that was wrapped around my head from my fitful dreams of Mick Jagger. Age 25 Mick Jagger, not current day Mick Jagger. Britney Spears was also in my dream, and it was five years ago Britney not the Britney of today. I don’t remember what happened in my dream but it must have been disturbing because I had the blanket tangled all the way around my head. What the hell.

We were watching Disturbia the other night and it was probably one of the better heckling sessions I’ve been part of, I wish there was a transcript. Carrie is fantastic at heckling the tv. But nobody else felt that the killer guy chasing rabbits in his garden was reminiscint of Peter Rabbit, like I did. I think I’m obsessed with Peter Rabbit, I read it to the kids almost every night. My favorite line is ‘Also he was very damp with sitting in that can.’ Then the next line is ‘After a time he began to wander about, going lippity-- lippity-- not very fast and looking all around.’ It's sweet, you can just see the scared curious rabbit lippity-ing not very fast. After Disturbia we watched this blaxploitation movie called Sweet Sweetback’s Badasssss Song which was strange and fascinating, and not very well lit. Then we watched the newest Wolphin dvd which is my favorite, I love when there’s a new Wolphin but I couldn’t stay awake for all of it.

Like you’re probably not able to stay awake to read my blathering. Sorry! Thanks for participating in my catharsis.