Thursday, May 17, 2012

three things real quick

Oh hi! I have exactly three things I've been meaning to post about all week! Put your helmets on boys and girls (no, don't):

1. Simone's and my podcast Dongtini just got picked up by a podcast collective that I love and am excited about so YAY.

2. I talked to this lady I like, Ronna Detrick, and the conversation is here in case you've got an hour and want to hear. We talked about spiritual stuff, mainly. She was married to a pastor for a long time and they're not married anymore and she got her M.Div and has been though all kinds of things and we talked about feminism and theology. It was fun.

3. David wrote this bio for Dongtini and I laughed so hard I almost threw up:

“If you can have your pearl necklace and clutch it too, Stephanie Drury and Simone Turkington have a podcast for you to barely stomach. This podcast is a cry for help. That cry is, “We thirst for attention. And cock. But mostly attention.” Stephanie and Simone would like to be thwacked about the face and lips with ample and stately land-owning dongs while wearing fanciful party dresses that nobody can stop talking about. They would like their drinks to be stirred with dongs, their hair to be teased with dongs, and their various whorish shades of lipstick generously applied with dongs. Yours will do just fine. Get in line. These girls take all comers. Whatever the Statue of Liberty says to the boat people, Stephanie and Simone say to dongs.”

No comments: