Saturday, May 26, 2012

church violence and healing and stuff

Ahhhhh tomorrow I'm going to share some of my story at church. Our pastor (I don't really like that word, negative connotations I guess, but I really like this guy) asked some of us to share part of our spiritual journey in observance of Pentecost and I'm totally excited to share it and also totally scared. I've told my story a little bit and I feel like I heal a little more every time I tell it and I also feel like I help open a bit of a way for others to heal when I say it out loud. It's still the worst though. Well, the worst and the best. So many great things happened in wake of the awful things that happened. Tomorrow I'll be focusing on how I got to the faith community I'm at now and what happened leading up to it was the second most painful thing I've been through. I still feel pain from it and I probably always will, how could I not, but as I tell it tomorrow I'll have to open myself back up to the violence that caused us to leave our old church so I'm getting ready for that.
There's no good way to end this. Hey, my podcast is on iTunes. We talk about wieners and Taco Bell.

2 comments:

serena said...

BEST of luck. I'm sure it will go fine and probably help a lot of people

Still Breathing said...

Yes, the pain doesn't leave you and it took me a while to work that out. To see God's work destroyed by humans wanting things done their way is painful for God and we, being made in His image, share in a small part of that pain. How to live with the pain without being bitter? Well I haven't managed that one yet but I think I've made progress. I hope all went well yesterday.
God bless and PFATP
Hugh