Wednesday, April 20, 2011

adventures in apologizing

There's someone I hadn't talked to in something like four years because he'd said something that really hurt my feelings. A few weeks ago God said to me "What if you apologized to him for your part in your rift?" And I was like "oh great" and tried not to think about it. But then I racked my brain and found things to apologize to him for, because I wasn't blameless. So I emailed him a big and thorough apology and told him that I love him and I really meant it. It feels really counter-intuitive but also really good. Just wanted to share that.

3 comments:

Kara said...

lovely and brave.

AnikkiV said...

just in time for Easter ... Forgive us as we forgive.

Still Breathing said...

You've set me thinking; this may apply to a situation I'm in but the complication is that it isn't just 2 of us. I hope you get a positive response. God bless Hugh